Class Level 4/5
Now that you know the basics and have had some actual experience, operators will now gain the information required to successfully move vehicles from soft surfaces such as muddy ditches and embankments with grades. You will be taught in the classroom and experience hands-on training in the field by our top instructors.
Our level 4/5 class builds on top of the information that you learned in the level 2/3. We require all students to begin the WreckMaster training program at our level 2/3 class. This way when a student completes our level 4/5 class they will have successfully completed a minimum of 32 hours of towing and recovery instruction.
It is important that you study the information covered in the level 2/3 class prior to attending the level 4/5 class. In the level 4/5 class we teach you the remaining two types of resistance that will complete your understanding of both surface resistance and gradient resistance. Now that you a working knowledge on resistance and anchorability we will begin teaching you the dynamics of winching.
Winching is a commonly misunderstood subject in the towing and recovery field, in this class you will learn about snatch blocks and mechanical advantage. With this information you will be able to figure our how much force is on each piece of rigging in your lay up. You will have a clear understanding of resistance and winching, how much can my tow truck winch before it breaks anchorability? What is the maximum that can be lifted vertically before beginning to see daylight under the tow trucks front tires?
You can put your confidence in WreckMaster… Our instructors follow a strict apprenticeship program; therefore the information that is being shared with you is current and up to date.
Who Should Attend
- Operators looking to advance their towing and recovery knowledge through WreckMaster training.
- Business owners or employees responsible for their company’s in-house training.
- Individuals who would like to learn more technical skills in towing and recovery.
- Company’s who work with or train with Fire and Rescue personnel.
- Towing operators who are involved with incident management.
Our Level 2/3 training course is a pre-requisite to our level 4/5 training course.
Operators who have 1-3 years experience in the towing and recovery field seem to benefit more by relating past experiences to the training modules. Although we welcome any operator with any skill level or experience level to attend this course.
Additional Items Provided and Designation
- Training package with training work book and WreckMaster pen.
- DVD Training Video
- Level 2 WreckMaster Certification
- Upon successful completion of the WreckMaster Certification students will receive a Level 4/5 WreckMaster Certification, WreckMaster ID number and WreckMaster photo certification ID card.
Duration: 2 day training course
Time: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm each training day
We ask that you arrive no later than 7:45 am on each day of training.
Upcoming Level 4/5 Courses
Find a course near you